NSW Education Standards Authority
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) replaced the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES) on 1 January 2017. NESA has an increased focus on:
- developing evidence-based policy to improve student achievement and support teachers
- risk-based monitoring of Teacher Accreditation Authorities and schools.
NESA continues to set and monitor quality teaching, learning, assessment and school standards. This includes responsibility, across NSW public, Catholic and independent schools, for:
- kindergarten to Year 12 curriculum
- accreditation of teachers and teaching degrees
- the internationally recognised HSC
- school registration and home schooling.