The Senior School at Champagnat Catholic College Pagewood encompasses Years 10, 11 and 12. The Senior School seeks to meet the needs of young men at an important stage in their school life through its structures, its balance of flexibility and support within an academic peer culture, and its focus on independence, responsibility and developing an ethical basis for life. Students are advised to undertake a program of study that best suits their interests, abilities and career aspirations.
The following Higher School Certificate Pathways are offered at the College:
The Senior School offers a rich and personalised curriculum across these two distinct pathways:
- Flexible timetable tailored to meet individual learning needs
- Diverse HSC curriculum for students wishing to transition into University.
- Industry and Technical College Partnerships to provide learning and career support for post school opportunities and placements
- HSC Literacy program providing students with targeted support to improve their HSC results
- Academic excellence provided through formal partnerships with universities across NSW, providing learning workshops, university preparation courses and scholarship opportunities
- Individual Career Pathway (ICP) developed for each student, where their learning, wellbeing, career and ministry goals are aligned to support their success in the Senior School.
The Senior School pathways foster independence, preparing the senior boys for life beyond school, and is a key focus in the Senior College. The senior boys lead by example and are well prepared for the intellectual rigour of the HSC as demonstrated by their positive engagement with their peers and teachers, and a willingness to work through challenges.